All therapists who work within The Glasgow Treatment Rooms (GTR) are independent, self-employed therapists.
When you book an appointment with a therapist at GTR you are entering into an agreement with that therapist to receive treatment. GTR is not responsible for any issues which arise between the client and the therapist during that treatment.
In addition to the Terms & Conditions of Treatment set out here, each individual therapist may have additional Terms & Conditions, please contact the therapist directly to enquire.
- Appointments are booked directly with the therapist and not with GTR.
- All therapists use an online appointment schedule where you can book your appointment online.
- Please contact the therapist directly to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Please give at least 24 hours notice if canceling or rescheduling your appointment or the therapist may charge a cancelation fee.
- If you do not show up for your appointment your therapist may charge a cancelation fee. This will be no greater than the full amount of the appointment you booked.
- Please contact the therapist directly with any questions about availability, pricing or treatments.
The advice and treatment provided by therapists at GTR is not meant as an alternative to medical advice or treatment. If you believe you have an injury, illness or disease you should contact your GP or medical health care provider to gain a diagnoses.
Any ‘discoveries’ made during treatment are solely used to direct your treatment plan and don’t constitute a diagnoses of any injury, illness or disease.
Therapists reserve the right to refuse treatment to any person for any reason.
Some common reasons for refusing treatment include but are not limited to:
- Have any condition or illness that is contraindicated for massage or Osteopathy.
- Any undiagnosed condition or illness which is outside the scope of the therapist.
- Client appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Inappropriate behaviour or language of any kind.
- Payment is due directly to the therapist at the time of treatment.
- Payment can be made by Cash or Credit/Debit Cards.
- Each therapist keeps notes about the treatment you have received from them.
- Treatment notes are confidential and are not shared between therapists.
- If you receive treatment from multiple therapists at GTR, you will need to complete separate consultations forms with each therapist.
- To view or request a copy of your treatment notes please contact the therapist directly.
- The therapist may charge a small admin fee for copies of treatment notes.
- GTR does not have access to your confidential treatment notes.
- Therapists at GTR are fully qualified and insured to provide the therapies they offer.
- All therapists subscribe to and act in accordance with the code of conduct from their governing or membership organisation.
GTR may update or amend these Terms & Conditions of Treatment at any time without informing you directly. Please read them regularly to make sure you are kept up to date.